VLOOKUP Webcast March 29th, 2012 with Bill Jelen
So… What do Finance Professionals fear more than sharks? ‘VLOOKUP’, of course. Microsoft ranks Excel’s VLOOKUP function as the number-one topic users search for more information about — and there’s little wonder why. VLOOKUP is one of Excel’s most useful and powerful tools for helping finance professionals do their job faster, and better, by allowing them to join two lists based on a common field.
During this Webcast geared to intermediate and advanced users, Bill “MrExcel” Jelen provides a plain-English explanation of VLOOKUP. He then moves into step-by-step lessons that range from how to enter your first VLOOKUP to practical examples of how finance professionals can use the function more creatively and reliably.
During this Webcast, Bill will cover:
- How to use the VLOOKUP function in plain English;
- Faster ways to enter the function, even when the lookup table is on another worksheet;
- How to troubleshoot VLOOKUP when #N/A errors appear — and why the frequency of these errors matters;
- Using VLOOKUP to solve common problems, such as comparing two lists; intermediate problems, such as finding a tax rate on a sliding scale; and advanced problems, such as finding the last value entered in a column or row;
- Advanced topics, such as VLOOKUP Left, Two-Way Lookup, and Two-Key Lookup;
- Other lookup functions, such as HLOOKUP, CHOOSE, OFFSET, INDIRECT, and LOOKUP;
- Alternatives to VLOOKUP, such as Easy-XL or PowerPivot.
In addition to having the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit, those who register prior to the Webcast will each receive complimentary access to Bill Jelen’s e-book VLOOKUP Awesome Quick. Please note that although an archive of this Webcast will be available after the live event, only attendees of the live Webcast will have the opportunity to earn CPE credit.
Entry filed under: Bill Jelen, CFO Excel Pro, CFO Webcast with Bill Jelen, CFO Webcast with MrExcel, CFOExcelPro Weekly E-Newsletter, Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Learn Excel 2007 through Excel 2010, Learn Excel 2010, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Tags: 2010, accounting, Bill Jelen, business, CFO Webcast, Data, Excel, Excel 2007, Excel 2010, formula, Functions, MrExcel, spreadsheets, technology, tutorial, VLOOKUP, Worksheet.